Monday, April 23, 2012

Update on the house

So for the last few months, my brother Bill has been replacing the siding on our house.  I just realized that I hadn't been documenting it.  Oops!  He had to tear off the old wood siding, fir out for insulation, put on house wrap, and replace several windows and doors.  It's been pretty exciting and I'm thrilled with how the house is looking.

This is the front of the house.  He put in the nice big picture window to replace the 3 narrow windows that were there before.

He's also putting up metal soffits and fascia.  We replaced the small basement sized windows with big windows.  (In the bedrooms, it gives us egress . . . in the family room it just is so much brighter and nicer)

Here's a view from the east end of the house. (notice the new door and window)

So here's how it's shaping up now.  . . Let's compare that with how it used to look:








The back of the house with the new patio door.  When the weather warms up, we will paint the cement foundation under the deck to match the new siding.

Pretty dang fun!


1 comment:

Mary Ann, Jonathon, and Michael Climer said...

I LOVE the new siding! I bet you love the new look! I can't wait to see it in person!