Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Prepare to be amazed!

Yes it is true. I am actually posting on my blog!

Shortly after last September, my computer met its doom. We have been trying on and off to resurrect it but to no avail. So I've been getting by for my email etc. by using Russ's work computer in the evenings or early mornings or using my mom's ancient PC that Caleb inherited from her. Neither were set up for me to blog. But, at long last, we got a new computer!!!!! Yeah!! Russ named it "Shout Hosanna" for me. :-)

A lot has happened over the last 10 months. Thanksgiving, Christmas, a wedding, etc. I may try to get a few pictures loaded and post date a few things to catch up. . . I also may not. :-) It depends on how crazy things are.

Probably the most exciting thing right now is that we've bought a house!!! Well, we've almost bought a house. We close probably next week. It's been a wild ride. We bought it at a real estate auction. Man, that was intense! We got an amazing deal on it and we are pretty stoked. It's been vacant for about a year and is in pretty rough shape. It will take a lot of work to get it whipped into shape. It has a barn, a chicken coop, a shop, and several other outbuildings. It also comes with 10 acres of land. The kids are excited to get a few animals and maybe do 4-H. It ought to be an adventure! I'll include a few pictures of the place.


View from the road


Standing on the back deck and looking east. (See our cute little barn and hayshed!)



View from the back.

Anyway, things ought to be busy around here for awhile!

1 comment:

Mary Ann, Jonathon, and Michael Climer said...

These are the first pictures I've seen of the house. It looks nice! How exciting for you all. I can't wait to come and see it. Good luck with all the work that you have cut out for you in the next little while. I kinda wish I was there to help you out, but I realize that I wouldn't really be that much of a help in the state I'm in right now. But just wait, that'll change!